Helix Energy Resources LLC. / AquaTune International Product Applications
What's special about the AquaTune system?
AquaTune safely converts engines into hybrids using water vapor to improve fuel economy, emissions, and horsepower by 20-35% on average. This does not mean that your car will run on water alone, as products that attempt to do so face significant challenges, but hydroxy-water injection has been proven safe and effective by numerous academic articles as well as by our 40+ years of satisfied customers.
We believe the AquaTune System is the best product in its class, and we would like to explain several key differences between our system and other products on the internet. This may also explain why you do not see a lot of our competitor's products on the road.
- Safety. Any combined hydrogen and oxygen vapor in static state, either in a long hose or a container, has a risk for explosion from a static spark or engine backfire condition. Since this risk in most systems is quite significant, anti-flashback arrestors are used, sometimes 2x per injection hose. Even with great flashback arrestors failures can happen.
Our company has been operating since 1972. We have never had an explosion or incident and we do not require arrestors. Safety by design is our first rule.
- Computer manipulation. Many competing products must alter the ECU programming or cut into the engine wire harness to artificially change the Air/Fuel ratio. These manipulations can produce 30% gains temporarily, but they can also void warranties and even cause engine damage if not done correctly. Be aware that the ECU corrects itself and your mileage can actually end up worse off than had you done nothing, and these products often trigger a CEL (Check Engine Light). We recommend that you read carefully any guarantees before making a purchase, as very few systems that require ECU manipulation or sensor hacking can deliver sustained results.
We do not hack sensors or control units to achieve our results. Our systems work with the engine and factory sensors as designed by the OEM. Our systems should not void any OEM warranties, do not trigger a CEL, and will typically outlive your vehicle.
- Hazardous electrolytes. A significant limiting factor of most competing products is that they require a caustic electrolyte such as Potassium Hydroxide to be added with each water refueling. This electrolyte is rated NFPA stage 3 ("extreme danger") and can severely damage your skin, lungs, or vision if not handled with gloves, mask, and goggles. This chemical also corrodes and pits aluminum engine parts with extended use. It must be measured carefully and if too much is added then your kit can overheat and fail within 1-4 years.
We only use distilled water (and a little methanol anti-freeze in the winter). No gloves or masks or electrolytes are required. Our systems have long durability with units lasting over 10-15 years with less than 1% needing repair at any age.
- Power Draw. Some systems that are large enough to produce positive gains (with hacking) draw excessive amounts of DC current, which requires you to use a larger or special alternator to avoid dimming lights or affecting sound on your stereo.
Our system uses less than 2.5 amps (12 volts DC) for an average Xtreme gas engine model and will not require modification of your power supply.
- Fixed Output. Many systems generate a fixed LPM output of gas production, which sometimes works with your engine but can also work against your engine based on driving conditions.
Our system inherently works with your engine vacuum to adjust to changes in driving conditions and altitude. We make sure that the system we sell to you is fit to your engine and we give you detailed instructions on how to do the installation properly. Well-maintained engines, with a correctly installed system, will deliver results that you can be very happy with for a long time.
- If you have any questions about what each of our systems does for your engine, either give us a call or send us an email. Information is a service that we offer to simply better serve you and your goals.
- Important note: This is simply to offer a better understanding of how our products differ from a typical DIY home kit that you might see on the internet. Many kits can improve emission levels and performance to a degree and that is certainly a great goal and achievement.
AquaTune Hydrogen System on KVBC Channel 3 Las Vegas "Water Car" Put To The Test